Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
A little while ago I mentioned Marty & Nappy's promotion company. Well to finally get the ball rolling with that, I bring you their first show right here in Chicago featuring: DJ Craze - five-time DMC World Champion, Dieselboy - staple within the DnB the scene who's also making a name in dubstep (spinning alongside with MC Messinian to hype things up), Dillon Francis - reppin Mad Decent fresh outta LA, Heroes & Villains - coming through from ATL, also reppin Mad Decent + HEAVY, and last but not least DJ Nappy - the father and architect of Thugstep itself. Not a bad lineup at all, things are surely gettin buck nasty that night. Make sure you'll be able to attend and get tickets HERE!.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
I never would've thought these shows would be the last time seeing them. They were definitely my favorite hardcore band. But hey, it was a good run and at least I got a little something from the last few times they came around; despite the fact that I wasn't able to make it out for their last show in Maryland or wherever the fuck it was wowowow. The picture was taken from the intimate, last minute show they threw in DeKalb after the real gig was canceled in the actual city. This show proved to be one the best set's I've ever seen live and everyone there actually wanted to be there (considering we had to drive an hour and a half further last minute). The video below was taken a while back before their latest album 'Hell is Empty' dropped. Knowing me, I held off on uploading that shit till the news first got out that they were retiring from the scene. More recently I used up the remaining 50 odd dollars in my paypal to purchase their vinyls as well as a few other shit from their webstore. Good times they were.. I'll stay thankful for the hand outs, thankful for the chance.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
- Looks like I'm on L'Myreo's as the filmer, so expect some footy from the team on top of the ASC mandem and all the other niggas in the 847.
- Luke has been the only nigga still on his game, and in return has evolved from the bullhead-wearing-neon-krux-lookin-ass to a fucking monster.
- Little Johnny has finally returned from being MIA surprisingly due to some run ins with the law (I know, right?). Let us also have a moment of silence for Fairview, you've done us good over the years and will be missed.
- Mike randomly hit me up a few days ago after also being MIA over the past year. Turns out this nigga was locked up after all that probation/house arrest shit.
- Sam has been a hermit for a while, but seems he's been taking it easy on the pills nowaday.. or so I think...
- Butch still works at the fucking Shred Shop.
- Jamie still doesn't skate. Got a second broken bone followed by surgery because of another skating accident lmaomflaheahahahalolololol
and that pretty much concludes it. Everyone else is either on drugs or doesn't matter, but hey, that's most of the old crew right? Let's hope we can get a 2011 montage or something going this year..
Monday, March 21, 2011
Yeah the blog is goin pretty slow. And as you can see, I tend to visit this liquor store quite often during this time of year so my productivity reaches alarmingly low rates. No need for worries though (even though I dropped out of school about a month ago), the spring-time draws near with hope. My old ass computer recently took a shit on me so I replaced it with a new one so it's time to re-up my softwarez and whatnot. Seems like I always find a reason to put off on making vids, but when I think about it, I do that with pretty much everything else in life. Anyways, as soon as I get the programs up and running, I'll be sure to dabble yous with some more shitty videos to hold off with until the serious summer season.
Oren's GTI (not to be mistaken for an .:R - tricky tricky!) still reppin that winter status here. As I said though, no worries.. Soon enough folks.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Check out their website here.
and here for DJ Nappy's page